The Williamsburg Community Association (WCA) formed in 2008. Our mandate is to develop closer relations among residents and a friendly community spirit within the Williamsburg community. We are a non-denominational, non-partisan association working to preserve and enhance the quality of life within the Williamsburg Community through inclusive programming for all ages. A small and very hard working group of volunteers spent countless hours working behind the scenes, forming the Association as we know it today.
Our purpose is:
- To develop closer relations among residents and a friendly community spirit within the Williamsburg community
- To provide an open forum for members to voice opinions on community concerns in a supportive and impartial manner
- To be non-denominational and non-partisan
- To encourage and facilitate co-operation among organizations and agencies providing service to the community
- To provide recreation activities within the geographic area of the community association with the objective of encouraging participation of all residents of the area and in all age groups
- To provide when feasible such common services or facilities as are deemed in the best interest of the community
- To preserve and enhance the quality of life in the Williamsburg community
Williamsburg Community Centre is conveniently located near the Fischer Hallman and Westmount entrance to the Williamsburg Community. We are located under the clock tower, above the pub on the second floor. We are a fully accessible facility. There is a playground located behind the Centre in Max Becker Common.
We are your neighbours working together to bring a sense of community to South West Kitchener. We are always looking for new volunteers and ideas and look forward to seeing you at the Centre soon!
The WCA has a relationship of cooperation and teamwork with the City of Kitchener Community Services Department. The City of Kitchener Community Services Department pays the facility staff at the Centre to supervise the building and occupants, to coordinate all Centre activities and to ensure that the Centre’s Policies and Procedures are followed by all users. The role of the staff is to assist the Association in offering safe, enjoyable programs to the public.